When it comes to car accidents, it’s important to seriously consider hiring an experienced Queens car accident lawyer. You have more important things to worry about aside from the confusing legalities surrounding your case, and the staff here at the Law Offices of Marc S. Albert can offer you the guidance you need.
Representation You Need
Unless you have extensive history and knowledge in the legal field, it can be difficult to determine what steps to take following a car accident. It’s up to you to provide the most compelling case in order to receive the maximum compensation allowed, but failing at just one small step can cost you thousands.
When you work with our competent and highly knowledgeable staff, you’ll have at your fingertips access to the latest in personal injury law, and we can help you pinpoint details that can make a significant difference in the final outcome of your case.
Let Us Deal With Insurance
We are required to carry insurance on our vehicles, and you know firsthand why this is important. While we like to think our insurance provider is there to offer a helping hand when the going gets rough, the fact remains that they are a business trying to make as much money as possible. Therefore, it’s not in their best interest to award you with the compensation you rightly deserve.
Our staff can help you deal with insurance representatives, and we know how to speak with them in a manner that will be the most productive for your case. In the meantime, however, there are some pointers you should follow in the event you make contact with an insurance representative including:
- Avoid admitting fault to the accident.
- Avoid making statements that you don’t know for certain are true. For example, if you declare soon after the accident that you weren’t injured, you could very well find out later that you’re bruised, suffering from internal bleeding, or a number of other possible injuries that take time to manifest. First, seek medical treatment and speak with your lawyer.
- Avoid providing an official statement until you’ve consulted with an attorney as you are under no obligation to have your statement officially recorded.
- Avoid stating estimates or uncertainties. It’s okay to just say, “I don’t know”.
- Don’t tell the insurance representative you don’t have an attorney as they are less likely to give your claim greater respect and attention
What You Can Do Following an Accident in the Future
While there’s nothing you can do about the past, you can be prepared for the future. In the event you get into a car accident, there are a few pointers worth following that can significantly increase your likelihood of being awarded maximum compensation including:
- Take pictures of the scene as soon after the accident as possible.
- Exchange contact information with everyone involved.
- Ensure the scene is protected by any means available such as turning on your hazard lights.
- Report the accident to the authorities regardless of severity in order to generate a police report that you very well may need at a later time.
Compensation You Deserve
Bad things can and do happen. If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Queens, you can find the representation you need to greatly increase your chances of receiving the fair compensation you need. Our staff is just a quick phone call away, and we can provide you with a free consultation to help you determine how to proceed with your case. Things look uncertain now, but we assure you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, so call today.